1. Information Collected
Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd will collect the following information upon user registration:
Title, First Name, Surname, Email Address, Mobile Number, Fax Number, Username, Password.
Additional information may from time to time be collected via online forms throughout our website. By completing these forms, the user accepts the policies as defined in this document.
2. Use of Personal Information
All the information gathered is used to personally identify users that subscribe to and utilise the Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd services.
The purpose of collecting personal information by Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd via this website is to aid in the following:
- Dealing with user enquiries and requests
- Administering accounts relating to our Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd services
- Providing users with information about products, services and promotional offers
- Providing, improving and personalising Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd services and
- Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd may from time to time, solicit your feedback
Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd will however provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature.
From time to time, Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd will collect certain personal information about our users. In most cases, we collect this information to ensure network integrity and that we continue to provide you with the most relevant content and best possible service that suits your needs. In some cases, we are required by law to collect personal information about users. Except where law requires otherwise, we undertake to protect the confidentiality of such data.
4. Third Party Links
5. Access to Personal Information
The users have a right to access the personal data held about them. Users can access this data by logging into the system using the username and password provided upon registration. Due to the nature of our business, all fax communication is archived for a period of 60 months. This information is only accessible by the user, unless Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd is legally compelled to retrieve the said documents. It is therefore the users’ responsibility to ensure the safeguard and complexity of their username and password. Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd will not be held liable for documents that are retrieved due to users’ negligence and lack of personal security measures.
6. Payments made through Virtual Card Services on behalf of Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions on behalf of Fax Effects (Pty) Ltd. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
9. Resolution of disputes
The expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa may be downloaded from the following website: http://www.arbitration.co.za.