How do I send a fax ?
When you have received an 086-fax number from us, you automatically receive the FaxFX FaxOut service. All you need is FaxOut Credits to be able to send faxes from your computer. Login to your Fax to Email account and click on Buy Credits.
When you have a positive FaxOut Credits balance you can send faxes using one of the following methods:
The New FX Fax Printer
We have launched our new FX Fax Printer! When installed on your machine you can print a document to a fax using any program that allows you to print something.
Download the FX Fax Printer here:
You will receive a preview of what the fax will look like when it is received. If you are using Microsoft Outlook as your contact manager, all your saved fax numbers will be imported to the FX Fax Printer Contact Manager. Cover sheets for your faxes will be created with information received while using the wizard to print your fax.
How to use the FX Fax Printer (after installation):
- Open the document that you wish to print to a fax
- Choose the option to print the document using the "Print-to-fax Printer"
- In the FX Fax Printer wizard, specify the fax number(s) that you want to send the fax to
- Select the checkbox to include a cover sheet (optional)
- Preview what the fax will look like when it has been received
- Enter your Fax to Email account username and password
- Click on Finish
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- .Net 3.5 framework must be installed
- FaxOut credits (get FaxOut credits)
Send a Fax with FaxFX Email to Fax:
- Create a new email and enter the full 10 digit number in the To field example:
- Enter a subject for your own reference
- The body of your email will be the coversheet
- Attach the document you want to send and it will be sent as a fax to the supplied fax number
Send a Fax FAQ's
Q. Is receiving faxes (Fax to Email) really free? Will it stay a FREE service?
A. If you choose a FaxFX number (086) you don't pay a cent. NO SETUP, NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This service will remain FREE and there is no limit to the number of faxes received.
Q. Is sending faxes via email also free?
A. Print to Fax, unfortunately is NOT FREE. The FaxOut service is completely pre-paid so there are no unexpected bills from us. View the list of FaxOut Rates.
Q. How do I buy FaxOut credits?
A. Login to your Fax to Email account here http://myaccount.faxfx.net and click on Buy Credits.
Credit Card Purchase (once-off purchase and subscription purchase)
- Click on the Pay By Credit Card/Subscribe Using Credit Card button to open the confirm transaction window
- Click on the Confirm button to open the credit card details page
- Enter all of your credit card details
- Click on the Submit button to process your purchase
- Print this page for your reference by clicking on the Print button and close the window to return to your fax to email account
Note: When subscribing to a credit bundle, credits will be deducted from your account on the same stage that you subscribed.
- Click on the Direct Deposit button to open the payment reference window
- Your reference number is displayed in the payment reference window as well as the bank account details to which the payments have to be directed. This page can be printed for your own reference
- Once the deposit has been made, fax/email a copy of the deposit proof of payment to fax: 0865710571 or to email:
for credit allocation
Q. How much does it cost to send a fax?
Please view the Email to Fax and Fax to Email rate sheet here
Please note that the rates may change without prior notice.
Q. Do I need to install any special software?
A. The Fax is sent to you as a PDF Document (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader), TIFF File attached to an email. Most operating systems have a default viewer application installed.
Q. How long do I have to wait for a fax number?
A. There's no delay. The moment you complete the sign-up process the number is allocated and activated, ready to receive faxes and send them to your email.
Q. If I take a 086 number and don't use it will it remain available?
A. No. We reserve the right to reclaim a number if there has been no usage for 90-days. As long as you receive at least one fax every 90-days the number will remain yours.
Q. How do I register if I don't have internet access?
Please send an email to
which will automatically invite the email address you are sending from.
Q. How do I accept or activate an account via email?
A. You have to click on the accept icon that is included in the activation email sent to you as soon as you sign up for a Fax to Email number.
Q. If this is free how can you provide me with a sustainable service?
A. FaxFX earns revenue through a rebate system from Telkom for calls made to the allocated numbers. This revenue is sufficient for FaxFX to support this fax reception service at no charge to the end user, yet still delivering a corporate level service.