Over the past decade the media has educated us greatly on the benefits of green living and minding our carbon footprint. As a result more and more businesses are adopting “greener” business practices and putting into place policies to reduce their carbon footprint. Not only do these business practices contribute to saving the planet, but they also save us money. We have decided to put into perspective the benefits of our Fax-to-email services.
Let the Numbers Do the Talking
- Some of the businesses who still lag behind in adopting fax-to-email as their main means to send faxes may be doing so because they do not realize just how much they are missing. To put it into perspective for you;
- Each fax machine receives 3735 pages of fax every year with an average of 5 per day.
- Each fax has at least one copy.
- One tree is capable of producing ± 8 300 sheets of paper, that means we can attribute the consumption of over 300 000 trees per year in South Africa alone.
- An estimated 1 500 acres of trees are cut each year to feed our faxes with paper.
- Fax machines have to be on throughout the day to make sure you do not miss any messages. They consume about 120 Watts per day. In a year that means they consume over 40 000 Watts of electricity. Eliminate fax machines in your business altogether and save over R48 000 on your electricity bill.
Maybe the time has come for you to move to Fax-to-email. The ball is in your court, the decision lies with you. Browse our site or contact us to learn more about our offers and find the right one for your business.